Atlantic is one of the world’s largest producers of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). We produce LNG from natural gas delivered from fields in and around Trinidad and Tobago to our four-train liquefaction facility, which is located in Point Fortin, on the southwest coast of Trinidad.
Atlantic remains a world class business, with an established and proven record in the areas of safety, plant utilisation, gas turbine reliability and sustainability. However, the company is not just an energy producer and a profitable business for Trinidad and Tobago, but it also is a catalyst for the continued growth and development of Trinidad and Tobago. Whether it is as a direct result of our revenue which contributes to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Trinidad and Tobago, or through people and community development, Atlantic is set to continue being a leader in the local and global hydrocarbon industry.
With the enabling value of LNG, we continue to aspire towards being a high-performing and responsible gas supplier, a trusted and preferred employer, and a leader in corporate responsibility, thus creating a legacy beyond LNG.
- Atlantic was incorporated in 1995 to develop a natural gas liquefaction plant in Point Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago
- We operate a four-train liquefaction facility with a total capacity of 15 million metric tonnes per annum (tpa). The four trains use the Phillips Optimised Cascade Process which cools natural gas using refrigerants until it liquefies at atmospheric pressure.
- The facility also includes a port area with two (2) 700-metre jetties, an approach channel used by LNG carriers to berth at the jetty, and a turning basin. Each jetty can accommodate an LNG carrier of approximately 145,000 cubic metres in size.
- Atlantic operates and manages four (4) LNG Trains. Each Train is ultimately owned by a holding company comprised of different Member companies.
- In addition to LNG, the plant also produces natural gas liquids (NGLs) which are delivered to a third party under separate arrangements. Atlantic’s business does not include exploration, distribution or shipping. Our primary business is the liquefaction of natural gas
- We employ 650 persons full-time, of which 98% are nationals of Trinidad and Tobago. We also employ, on average, approximately 1000 contractors to assist in the maintenance of our production facility
- We have an industry-leading safety record of 35 million manhours without a Lost Time Injury (LTI) which represents nine (9) years of safe operations