The University of the Southern Caribbean is one of the region’s oldest academic institutions and boasts of a unique heritage that dates back to 1927. Today its reputation speaks to a continued excellence in the area of transformation through a holistic educational experience. This is what USC is. Its brand reputation stands firmly on the principle of transformation through education. USC remains committed to enriching the lives of the countries in which it operates and the regional and international community. We hone the respect for our alumni across the globe, the quality research of our faculty and staff and our unique integration of faith and learning.
- Love – We love God and others wholeheartedly, just like Jesus loved us.
- Compassion – We are caring and kind as we help and serve each other. Like the Good Samaritan, we go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity – We think and do what is right at all times, no matter the consequences.
- Honesty – We are honest with ourselves and others. We speak the truth and do what is right
- Excellence – We strive to surpass ordinary standards and exceed expectations.
- Competency – We strive for excellence; applying our skills and expertise to every task we do.
- Justice – We are fair to everyone and are reasonable in our treatment of others.
- Purity – Our words, thoughts, and actions are moral, admirable and honourable.
- Self-Control – We think before acting and make positive choices. We aren’t overly proud. We’re modest, showing respect for ourselves and others.
What Sets Us Apart
USC embraces a multidimensional approach to teaching and learning
- Intellectual Curiosity– Programmes that matter, professors that care. Explore concepts, solve problems.
- Cultural Diversity – A potpourri of faculty, staff and students from over 38 countries worldwide.
- Spiritual Nurture-A holistic education that embodies the development of mind, heart, soul, and hand.
- Moral Integrity – A meaningful philosophy of life which promotes honorable living, in service to God and man.
Emanating from the University’s mission and philosophy is a series of objectives to guide the education of its students.
- To develop and maintain a spiritual, academic, social, and physical environment in which competent workers are trained for service to God and humanity.
- To provide an instructional programme that leads students to accept God as the source of all truth, and the Bible as an expression of His divine plan of salvation.
- To challenge students to enlarge their world view as they integrate religion, culture, and scholarship.
- To prepare students to deal with the complex problems and issues of contemporary society.
- To encourage the acquisition of advanced knowledge and skills, which are necessary for professional growth.
- To implement a meaningful philosophy of life, which encompasses an understanding of (a): the nature of God (b): the nature of man, and (c): the nature of reality.
The University of the Southern Caribbean seeks to transform ordinary people into extraordinary servants of God to humanity through a holistic tertiary educational experience.
A Seventh-day Adventist University fully reflecting the character of God through spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and cultural development.